Analytics, AI/ML, Optimization on Encrypted Data
- (DARPA Brandeis) PULSAR: Develop privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs) for Enterprise, IoT, and Mobile applications.
- (NIST) ANISE: Explore multi-agency privacy-preserving data analytics.
- (IARPA HECTOR) PANTHEON: Make secure computation easily usable by non-experts in cryptography.
- (DARPA Brandeis Seedling) PULSAR – VLDS: Apply our Brandeis solution (PULSAR) in order to jointly compute statistics on large streaming private student data & private income data with the State of Virginia’s VLDS system.
- (Arnold Ventures) SAFRN: To support the development of free open-source cryptographic tools that will allow researchers to securely conduct studies that use sensitive or private datasets.
- (DARPA CFT) SETSAT/SPACE: Develop tools to perform satellite conjunction analysis (i.e. identify potential collision probabilities based on satellite trajectories) on (private) nation data.
- (DARPA Brandeis) PULSAR – Coffeebreak: Mobile application to find a meeting point (e.g. coffee shop) central to two or more participants, without revealing any user’s current location.
- (DARPA Brandeis) PULSAR – Scheduling: Private Scheduling (e.g. Doodle poll, with privacy).
- (DARPA Brandeis) PULSAR – Targeting: Tools allowing a group of allied nations or organizations to optimally allocate resources to regions in need of aid.
- (DARPA RACE) CARMA: Build an end-to-end anonymous, secure, untraceable messaging system that cannot be easily shut down or detected that can be deployed in a nation to help free citizens.
- (DARPA MATH) MARATHON: Develop a mobile/meshnet/ad-hoc network that enables communications and bulletin boards in tactical or hostile environments/behind enemy lines.
- (DARPA Brandeis Seedling) MASQUERADE: Develop keyed (hardware) glasses that can visually decode digital screens (mobile, desktop, laptop), such that eavesdroppers see only noise.
- (Stealth) ETERNAL: Software audio encryption and encoder that can be installed on commodity off-the-shelf hardware that sits between your headset and a phone/communication device. This enables secure communication over untrusted or compromised phones.
Oblivious (CRUD) Access, Query Privacy
- (IARPA APP/SPAR/ENTACT/SPARSE) SDB: An encrypted database that enables searching (structured) records and enforcement of private policies.
- (DARPA SMP) DEBLOOM: Search on encrypted (structured) “off-chain” data, keeping the query and result set private from the database server.
- (DARPA Brandeis) PULSAR – Secure Database: Build a secure and private repository system for data owners and data analysts that respects policies.
- (ONR) DURASIFT: An encrypted survivable document store that enables private redaction and resists tampering.
- (NSF) SIFT: Distributed private dataset keyword search on encrypted records, supporting streaming data where data is continuously updated.
- (Algorand Centres of Excellence, as subcontractor to Purdue University) MEGA-ACE: Supporting blockchain innovation and research globally.
- (DARPA SMP) DEBLOOM: A tamper-proof Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN)-level messaging system via a distributed ledger.
Zero Knowledge (ZK)
Zero Knowledge Proofs,
Applications of ZK
- (DARPA SIEVE) WIZKIT: Build a usable zero-knowledge (ZK) frontend and backend, to prove complex software assertions without revealing any private information.
- (DARPA SMP) DEBLOOM: Zero-Knowledge auditing (of encrypted records); Consistency checking of private (encrypted) records versus their public counterparts (in zero knowledge).
Private Contact Tracing,
Boosting Legacy Code
- (DARPA Brandeis + WASH (as subcontractor to Kryptowire)) PIPE: Securely perform contact tracing for the warfighter and/or public.
- (DARPA LiLaC) SALSA: Build a tool for automated language lifting from legacy to modern (secure) languages.